Turner House

This building of 1888 was designed to show off the art collection of James Pyke Thompson, a flour-milling magnate, who lived next door in a grand house called Redlands (later renamed Roxburgh House).

Edwin Seward, who later designed the Morgan Arcade in Cardiff, was the architect. 

Thompson left the building and his art collection (including several works by JMW Turner) to the town of Penarth in his will.

Turner House.JPG