Windsor Gardens and bandstand
A well preserved Victorian public park which was originally solely for the use of the residents of the mansions on Marine Parade, there are lovely views and an attractive bandstand.
The gardens were part of a larger scheme to make the seafront more attractive. They opened in 1881, with a charge to keep out the rougher element.
The houses behind the gardens were allowed for a fee to have direct access through a private gate.
There are lovely views and an attractive bandstand.